Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-29-2016, 10:26 PM
Advocate

Default [Sorcerer] Aetherlord, Aether Ray/Wrath of Agrivix Build [V1.0.0.6 HC]

"Aetherlords, Nobles who master in aether magics. They are possesed by aetherial spirits, these spirits enhance the power of the one they possesse, allow them to channel high concentration of aether ray that disintegrates everything it touches. Aetherlords are protected by aetherial spirits, occasionally a blast of waves are released to repel enemy who dare enough to come nearby. They are in search of secret of the aether power for unlimited, the power of which could leave them in reckless state."

No... no.. no. Above is just my imagination, based on Aetherlord's Signet favor text.
I just want to make another Aether Ray sorcerer again, last one I did, it was in early access when level cap was 50/60.

This build is simple, Aether Ray for single target and Flash Freeze + Wrath of Agrivix for AoE, the lefts are debuff. I decide to no pick up Devastation though, it don't do much for little points investment and I don't want to push too much keys. I recommended who want to try this build to have at least 3 pieces Iskandra's Unity for Physical resistance, Codex of Lies and Wrath of the Ascendant or Warpfire.

SORCERER THE AETHERLORD

VIDEO
SORCERER THE AETHERLORD GAMEPLAY [ULTIMATE LOGHORREAN]
SORCERER THE AETHERLORD GAMEPLAY [VS BOSSES/NEMESES]

GRIM CALC

CONCEPT OF THE BUILD
-Aether caster, use Aether Ray as single target damage and OFF/WoA combo for AoE.

SKILLS
- Iskandra's Elemental Exchange + Modifiers (Buff)
- Mirror of Ereoctes (Escape)
- Maiven's Sphere of Protection + Conversion (Damage Absorption/CC Reduction)
- Callidor's Tempest + Wrath of Agrivix + Inferno(AoE/CC)
- Olexra's Flash Freeze + Absolute Zero (Debuff/AoE)
- Maiven's Sphere of Protection + Conversion (Damage Absorption/CC Reduction)
- Albrecht's Aether Ray + Disintegration (Single Target)
- Reckless Power (Buff)
- Nullification (Debuff)
- Flashbang +Searing Light (CC/Debuff)
- Blackwater Cocktail + High Potency (Debuff)
- Flame Touched + Temper (Buff)
- Blast Shield (Damage Absorption)
- Vindictive Flame + Ulzuin's Wrath (CC/Buff)
- Void-Ward Aura (Buff) from Imbued Silver
- Iskandra's Unity (Buff) from Iskandra's Hood

ITEMIZATION
Head
-Iskandra's HoodShoulders
-Iskandra's PauldronsChest
-Iskandra's VestmentsHands
-AethereachLegs
-Wraithborne Legwraps/Legwraps of the Tranquil Mind/Dreeg-Sect LegguardsFeet
-Golemborn GreavesWeapon
-Wrath of the Ascendant/WarpfireFocus
-Codex of LiesAmulet
-Iskandra's Focusing PrismMedal
-Mark of Divinity/Mark of AnathemaRings
-Band of the Eternal Haunt/Albrecht's DualityWaist
-Phantom-Thread GirdleRelic
-Agrivix's Malice/Iskandra's Balance

Augments

Jewelry : Uroboruuk's Path/Survivor's Perseverance

Weapon & Focus: Creed's Cunning

Armors(Head/Chest): Mankind's Vigil

Armors(Shoulders/Hands/Feet/Waist): Venomguard Powder

Armors(Legs): Kingsguard Powder

DEVOTION

Devotion Route
  • 1 point in Eldritch Crossroad
  • Complete Spider
  • Remove Eldritch Crossroad
  • 1 point in Primordial Crossroad
  • Complete Sailor's Guide
  • Remove Primordial Crossroad
  • Complete Widow (Arcane Bomb assigned to PRM(early leveling), later to Callidor's Tempest/Wrath of Agrivix)
  • 1 point in Ascendant Crossroad
  • Complete Empty Throne
  • Remove Ascendant Crossroad
  • Complete Chariot of the Dead
  • 1 point in Order Crossroad
  • Complete Tortoise
  • Complete Hawk
  • Remove Sailor's Guide
  • Remove Spider Crossroad
  • Complete Crane
  • Complete Scales of Ulcama
  • Complete Lion
  • Remove Crane
  • Complete Viper
  • Complete Manticore (Acid Spray assigned to Albrecht's Aether Ray)
  • 3 points in Behemoth (Giant's Blood)
  • 2 points left I put it on Owl for skill energy cost reduction

ATTRIBUTE DISTRIBUTION

15 points in Spirit, the rest goes to Physique

LEVELING

Level 20

Level 40

Level 60

Level 70

Level 80

PLAYSTYLE/FIGHT SEQUENCE

Very easy step here. First, use Chaos Strike to close to gap, initiate with Flash Freeze combo with Wrath of Agrivix, throw out Flashbang then use Aether Ray to clear out the room, throw out BWC when you want to reduce enemy's physical resistance.

Last edited by Zars; 10-30-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Initiate

Great build! AAR warlock was my very first build and I always liked casters. How does this compare with the new Agrivix set?
Old 11-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Initiate

This build i great! I have one question about the skills:
why do you not max out the damage skills? Is it because you have so many +skills in Arcanist that you want to avoid diminishing returns?
Old 11-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukamu View Post
why do you not max out the damage skills? Is it because you have so many +skills in Arcanist that you want to avoid diminishing returns?
with gear, full build its beyond maxed out.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:45 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba1 View Post
Great build! AAR warlock was my very first build and I always liked casters. How does this compare with the new Agrivix set?
I haven't tried Agrivix set yet, missing the shard and shoulders, don't feel like farming right now. It will works with this build definitely and it should be even more offensively stronger than Iskandra's Unity set, I'll compare the sets once I got full Agrivix set.

Quote:
My Aether Ray max at 26 with gears, % Crit damage from disintegrate don't scale well in ultimate rank, vitallity damage from it is minor damage for this build.

Flash Freeze is mainly for debuff at level 12 is enough and the range of it scales horribly in ultimate rank.

Callidor's Tempest modifier, Inferno is terrible a modifier, the burn damage is too low, armor reduction does nothing for the build.

Another reason I left skill modifiers(Inferno/Disintegrate/Absolute Zero) at rank 1 is because they mostly are % damage which additively stack with % damage from items, devotion and spirit, so they don't increase much damage as they looks and they also only modify certain skills. So spending points where else(for global buffs/debuffs) is much better than increase little damage of specific skills.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Counsel

any tips on leveling an arcanist on hc?

i have a summner lvl 85 and played several characters but I cant level arcanist

so fragile and no energy. my last died at 25 at a hero boss in arkovian undercity

I wish there were leveling uniques like in Path of exile Any tips for what should i craft around lvl 25-30 ? I think ill use components early.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zars View Post
I haven't tried Agrivix set yet, missing the shard and shoulders, don't feel like farming right now. It will works with this build definitely and it should be even more offensively stronger than Iskandra's Unity set, I'll compare the sets once I got full Agrivix set.

My Aether Ray max at 26 with gears, % Crit damage from disintegrate don't scale well in ultimate rank, vitallity damage from it is minor damage for this build.

Flash Freeze is mainly for debuff at level 12 is enough and the range of it scales horribly in ultimate rank.

Callidor's Tempest modifier, Inferno is terrible a modifier, the burn damage is too low, armor reduction does nothing for the build.

Another reason I left skill modifiers(Inferno/Disintegrate/Absolute Zero) at rank 1 is because they mostly are % damage which additively stack with % damage from items, devotion and spirit, so they don't increase much damage as they looks and they also only modify certain skills. So spending points where else(for global buffs/debuffs) is much better than increase little damage of specific skills.
Thank you very much! Still a bit new to this game and I find it counter intuitive to not max skill modifiers of a main damage skill (kind of like not maxing out all synergies in diablo 2), your explanations really helped
Old 11-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyamotomusashi View Post
any tips on leveling an arcanist on hc?

Any tips for what should i craft around lvl 25-30 ? I think ill use components early.
What I usually do when leveling with Arcanist, I tend to put a few points in leveling skills (typically Replicating Missile) and over leveling mastery bar.
So if I'm level 20, I'll be at 32-40 in mastery bar (I usually hit 50 in Arcanist around level 30-35). This increases HP, energy, HP/energy regen and attribute points significantly early on, so you have a better survivability than spending point for skills, spending points for spells too much can be bad, as it increases your energy cost. Mental Alacrity is very important for caster builds, put a few points in there can reduces a lot of energy cost. Other than that I tend to look for items with energy regen, Flat HP and Physique. I also put most if not all of my attribute points in physique.

Mirror of Ereoctes is another important skill for your survivability, always put at least 1 point in it as soon is it's available for you, use it wisely can gets you out of any nasty situations. If that's not enough try Turtle constellation from Devotion, Turtle Shell is another great defensive skill.

Quote:
Thank you very much! Still a bit new to this game and I find it counter intuitive to not max skill modifiers of a main damage skill (kind of like not maxing out all synergies in diablo 2), your explanations really helped
It depends on build to build and what you're trying to achieve with your character. Maxing modifiers can be beneficial to some but might not be for some cases.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:21 AM
Initiate

Hi, is the amulet of agrivix a better option instead of iskandra ?
Old 11-10-2016, 06:43 AM
Counsel

Hey Zars,

I managed to hit 47 on hardcore.
Got a questions about auras.

Any idea why I lose three of them after a while? prolly i dont understand the mechanics

Vindictive Flame
Flame Touched
Maiven SoP (Wayward soul is attached to this).

While the last procs some defensive skill, i dont get it about the others 2. There is no way i can press the button cause they are all on the same one (and i switch).

regards