Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Old 05-16-2019, 07:15 PM
Acolyte

Angry Found out augments aren't components

More of a happy rant, but I've gone through this game several times, whooped the loghorrean's butt four times, yeeted through malmouth twice and threw a shield against a god nobody cared about once, and about to give logghy another whooping. I always thought augments (The powdery stuff you get from factions) are components, but less special, so I ignored them most of the time. Apparently you can put augments AND components onto a weapon! I feel like that my characters are 10% worse than they should've been all this time!

How did I found out? I wanted to use an augment because I don't have a fitting component for my new legendary amulet (yay), and by right clicking the augment I noticed that my rings (with components ofcourse) flashed blue, so I put an augment for fun on the ring, and swoosh! Augment and component in one item!

Well yeah, totally happy on one side, but I am still going to rant because there should've been some explanation before you buy an augment (I didn't even notice the text on the upper left that dissapeared quickly after buying one. I thought the game wanted to tell me what components are, again), or even better, a giant flashring red text message that appears in the middle of the screen telling you that you can use both, components and augments.

Anyway, now I have a question. How do I remove augments? (And if I can keep the item). There might be more promising ones later in the game, and I might keep an augmented Item around till then.

The real problem now however is that I still haven't solved the mediocre components problem for my amulet...
Old 05-16-2019, 08:30 PM
Counsel

You can just apply other augment of the same type, eg: weapon augment, it will overwrite the last one
Old 05-16-2019, 08:31 PM
Minister of Information

You can simply apply a different augment on an augmented item. The new one will replace the former.

If you want to remove the augment to trade / stash the item, then go to an inventor.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:31 PM
Lord Advocate

Go to inventor and select "remove augment"?
Old 05-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
You can simply apply a different augment on an augmented item. The new one will replace the former.

If you want to remove the augment to trade / stash the item, then go to an inventor.
Ah, thanks! Still, they're cheap so I don't think I would want to save them and destroy an item in the process. I bet saving the augment costs more than buying them.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:13 PM
Minister of Information

You won't be able to recover an augment at the inventor, but only to remove an augment so that the item is no longer soulbound.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:35 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
You won't be able to recover an augment at the inventor, but only to remove an augment so that the item is no longer soulbound.
Ah, ok. Good to know. Well, guess the soulbound-thing won't be much of a problem. I doubt I would create a new character similar to the ones I already created.

Tags
augment, augments, component, components